Sunday 1 February 2015

Studio sessions and finding the D...

Hellooooooo! So, it's the 1st of February and we're already a month into 2015! I thought now would be a good time to write about January's 'fangirling' activities - both non-gig, Pledge related afternoons with Kingsland.

You may remember many moons ago that I wrote about Kingsland's Pledge, which is basically a way of funding the making of their album by pledging for a copy as well as some exclusives. They have long reached their target and are now on 145% which means that pledges are well underway. I've spent the past two weekends in London fulfilling some pledges, a studio session and my Connson guitar lesson.

The studio session was quite a surreal experience - there were seven of us pledgers in this tiny studio room with the boys but I really enjoyed it. It was good to see how they went about recording a song, and the song that we got to hear was amazing. I've still got a big part of the song stuck in my head over a week later! Whilst I never had any doubt about their album, getting to hear that one song has just made me realise how incredible it will be.



Yesterday I had my guitar lesson. I was incredibly anxious for it and mixed with being unwell, I wasn't really looking forward to it. However, it was actually so fun and if I had the money I would pledge to do it all over again! There was a bit of an issue with the original venue which meant things got a bit messed up and I ended up sharing my lesson with Abbie. To be honest it made me feel more comfortable to have someone else there too and we got a member each so I think it worked out quite well. 

Thomps was my teacher and he was actually really good! I surprised myself by picking up some of it quite quickly and in the end he was even jamming to the chords I was playing which was hilarious! This video that mum filmed makes me howl, finding the D was very important haha https://www.youtube.com/embed/M6FiA-mOa14 




Whilst Kingsland have reached their target, you can still pledge for their album here > http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kingslandroad < you will also find some great exclusives such as their album listening party, a dressing room m&g for tour, being serenaded on stage or even a chance to buy their old tour car Viv!

Also don't miss out on their March UK tour, when they'll be coming to Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, London, Brighton and Birmingham! Get your tickets now > http://bit.ly/1j28yws 

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment