Sunday 22 June 2014

You are my sunshine ☀️

My second post of today is dedicated to a guy called Jay McGuiness. This post is 100% necessary as on Friday night, after nearly 4 years, he made my life by following me on Twitter!

I've been a Jay girl since late 2010. I've met him 8 times since then and he's been the most precious human being on every occasion! The first thing he ever said to me was "I think I'm in love with you" after giving him Avatar face paint - now if that doesn't make him the best choice of fave EVER, then I really don't know what does!



The only thing I struggled with was getting a follow on twitter. I've had several tweets over the years but never that elusive follow. I have literally tried everything - I've stayed up at ridiculous hours when I have work the next day, and it was during one of these late nighters that I came up with what eventually got me my follow!



The deal breaker in question was a poem about the times I'd met Jay and how much he meant to me. I used to write creatively when I was younger, and having read the finished poem it is evident why I stopped doing so!! However, considering it was written at 2am in despair, it was cringeworthy enough to make Jay spew all over my follow button :)) the poem can be read here >  http://tl.gd/n_1s2684k < (I apologise in advance for how tragic it is but in all honesty, every word said and spoken is true!)

My reaction? I tweeted him one last time before bed, then I went to sleep, only to be rudely awakened by mum 20 minutes later - "he's done it, he's followed you!!!!" In my half asleep state, I unlocked my phone without even looking at my notifications and just searched his name - seeing the "follows you" bar was the most amazing feeling in the world! Subsequently I burst into tears and bawled whilst saying "I can't believe it!" a million times over haha! I think my lack of screaming was down to pure relief that I'd finally been granted a follow from my sunshine!



I still check his twitter several times a day because it feels like a dream, I'm so so lucky.

The point of this post is to tell you all to never give up on something you want. I could have given up at least a hundred times over the years! To put my wait into perspective, my oldest friend Lizzy pointed out to me earlier that she's had a son (who is now 3 years old) in the time that I've waited for a follow from Jay, and I'd been trying before then too!!

Whatever the fangirl dream, have faith that one day you will get that follow or that you will meet your idol! I never thought it would happen, but now I have a follow from my favourite person in the world! I'm eternally grateful to that boy for forever being so special!

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment