Monday 14 July 2014

Riding High and Getting Down ✌️

On Saturday I ventured into strange territory for a gig - Thorpe Park, one of the UK's biggest theme parks! As a girl that gets her kicks from boybands rather than rollercoasters, it was a strange gig venue for me and I had no intention of going on any rides, only seeing Concept perform!

However, my twinny is an adrenaline junkie and tried to kill me off before I even got to see the boys (never trust anyone that tells you that a ride is not scary because it is almost certain to be the biggest lie haha!) I screamed and swore my way through Colossus and Rush before watching the live music.


Showcase Live was responsible for putting on the show - each Saturday they have several bands and singers perform, and this week it was the turn of Beth Sherburn, Canary Swing and Concept. Beth was good but I don't really like female singers oops lol! Canary Swing were really good, although I spent most of their performance taking pity on drummer Sam who'd injured his neck on one of the rides bless him!

Then it was time for Concept - they were amazing! The Basingstoke band, made up of Scott, Ben, Karim, Matt and Nathan, have been around for a few years now however I first saw them live back in May 2013, and met them in June 2013 as twinny had been a fan for ages! 

They've improved so much, I've always enjoyed their sets but this was something else! They did a mix of acoustic songs as well as using backing track, allowing them to show off some moves that made me swoon a bit...haha! Amongst some amazing covers such as 5SOS' Don't Stop and Imagine Dragons' Radioactive, they belted out their amazing original songs Get Down and Young and Rebellious, definite favourites of mine! 



My highlights included their performance of Ed Sheeran's Sing, an example of when my favourite members shouldn't sing directly to me as I end up face palming myself in embarrassment (despite how much I enjoyed it lol!). However, my favourite moment was when they performed She Wants To Move - it's by far my favourite cover of theirs, and one of the first songs I ever heard them do which is why I enjoy it so much!

Before their second performance, I further risked my life by going on Nemesis Inferno (which I actually really enjoyed) and Saw (between thinking I was going to fall out of my seat/have my head ripped off, I wasn't okay!)

Concept's second performance was just as epic - they are full of personality on stage, you can tell how much they love performing, they're incredibly talented and deserve every success in the future! They did a little meet and greet afterwards, in which I got to meet three of the boys again, and got group selfies with my two favourite members Scott and Ben :) they are such lovely and grounded boys, it's always nice to get to see them!

Ben and Karim


Scott and Ben :)

Such a long but amazing day, I faced my fears on some of the rides thanks to Mim but also got to see some of my favourite people again! Hopefully it won't be so long before I see them again :) if you haven't already, then check out Concept on Twitter @conceptofficial :)

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment