Tuesday 14 April 2015

Nathan Sykes in Birmingham

On Saturday I saw Nathan Sykes perform in Birmingham as part of his first solo tour. Having been a fan of The Wanted since 2010, I knew it would be surreal to see him do a set without the boys however I had no doubt that he would be brilliant. His voice has always been one of my favourites.

Before the gig I got to meet him again briefly! Unfortunately due to football rioters/general annoying fangirl conduct i.e pushing, hogging, blah blah, by the time I had my turn he'd been pulled in from the crowd and we had to meet him behind a fence. Nonetheless he was lovely as per and the song Behind Bars proved to be ridiculously relevant! I must also applaud Nathan for being so gracious and still spending as much time as possible with the fans despite any obstructions.



His gig was incredible. That boy can SING, there is literally no end to his talent. Whilst I knew the gig would be amazing, he exceeded all expectations with his original songs. 

There was a mixture of uptempo songs, beautiful ballads and even a brilliant cover of Adele's Rolling in the Deep thrown in for good measure! Despite most of the songs being unfamiliar, they had an instant likeable quality and some were so easy to sing along to by the end.

My favourite song was definitely Over and Over Again. This was a stunning ballad accompanied by Nathan on the piano and I am a sucker for these types of songs. The chorus gives me goosebumps and his voice is just flawless. He managed to captivate the audience and silence a 300 strong crowd of fans during this song!

Another standout song was Money - accompanied by some fab dance moves ;-) the last song Nathan performed was his debut single Kiss Me Quick - this will no doubt be a future hit so listen out for it!

credit @nathansykes

His 40 minute set was a nice little showcase into what we can expect from his debut album and solo career and I'm excited to see what the future holds for him! His music speaks for itself and I have no doubt that he is going to become a worldwide superstar in his own right. I can't wait to continue supporting Nathan on the next part of his journey, this is just the start for him.

Twitter: @NathanSykes

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment