Monday 27 July 2015

What I'm Listening To...

The next gig I'm going to isn't until the end of August, so seeing as I have no adventures to write about, I thought I would share some of my favourite songs that I keep on replaying at the moment!


1. John Newman - Come and Get It

I love love LOVE John's voice. I first heard of him when he featured on Rudimental's Feel The Love back in 2012. A year later he released his own solo material, the first single being Love Me Again which was a massive hit! Last year he featured on Calvin Harris' song Blame, which to this day is one of my favourite songs. John is now back once again with his solo material, having recently released the amazing Come and Get It.  It makes me want to get up and dance!  I really hope I can go and see him live one day. I remember when he performed at the BBC Awards at the end of the last year and he was going absolutely crazy and I was just sat at home wishing I could have been there to witness it!



2. Years and Years - Shine

After the mammoth success that was 'King', Years and Years have done it again with their latest single Shine. It's not as catchy as King however it is equally as good in it's own way, it's one of those songs that you just want to sing along to. I really like Olly's vocals and the lyrics to the chorus.  They are another act that I would love to see live one day!



3. Conrad Sewell - Hold Me Up

Conrad Sewell is an Australian singer and you may know him from having featured on Kygo's hit single 'Firestone'. When I first heard Hold Me Up, I was intrigued as to who sang the song so I used Shazam to find out. Funnily enough, a few days later my local radio interviewed him and since then they play this song on a regular basis. I think Conrad has a really unusual voice and I've grown to love this song so much! He has previously supported Ed Sheeran and will support Jess Glynne and Maroon 5 later on this year which will no doubt increase his popularity.



4. Aston Merrygold - Get Stupid

I couldn't not mention this song!  Get Stupid is Aston's first solo single and my gosh it's everything I could have hoped for and more.  It's such a feel good song and every time I hear it I have to dance ad sing along really loudly (which, as anyone who's experienced me singing will know, is an utter travesty as I am tone deaf but the song  requires you to get your stupid on, right?!).  I really hope that this song charts highly for Aston, he seriously deserves it.  I'm so excited to see him solo for the first time at Fusion Fest, no doubt this song will be just as epic live as it is recorded!



5.  MKTO - Bad Girls EP

Last but not least, the American baes MKTO.  They released their Bad Girls EP last week and to be honest I hadn't been hyping myself up for it as the last few times, their singles haven't been released in the UK.  However I was scrolling my timeline and saw a French fan say that she'd downloaded it so I looked on iTunes, and low and behold it was available in the UK!! I don't know whether it's to do with the fact that music releases have changed from a Sunday to a Friday to coincide with global releases but either way I was so flippin' excited to have new music from them!!  I'd already heard Bad Girls so I skipped to the other three tracks, Afraid of the Dark, Monaco and Just Imagine It.  The latter two are beautiful songs but I've got to say that Afraid of the Dark is my absolute favourite.  I was hooked within seconds, it's by far my most played song in the last week!




What's everyone else listening to atm?  Leave a comment below :-)
Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment