Thursday 3 March 2016

Sorry: Blog Neglect Part Two

Guess who's back, back again....

HELLO!

It's me...

Okay, enough of the lame song jokes... I've dusted off the blog cobwebs and I'm back to grovel over my lack of anything on this blog. I realise that I haven't written anything for over two months. I HAVEN'T BLOGGED SINCE LAST YEAR!! The shame of it.

A few months ago, I wrote 'Sorry: Blog Neglect' and I fully intended on posting more regularly. It turns out that life ran away with me and I've contributed pretty much nothing to my virtual memory box, oops.

That being said, I have been writing lots for CelebMix. I'm nearly up to 200 articles since September which is pretty good going considering that I only write in my spare time. People who know me will remember that by day I'm a full time charity shop manager. By night, I dedicate my time to writing for CM. Literally, the first thing I do when I come home is switch the laptop on and get writing - if I get carried away (which I often do), I can end up writing for hours. Sometimes I even spend my lunch break writing an article - basically I'm whipped af for CelebMix. I wouldn't change it for the world though, it's all experience and hopefully a step in the right direction towards acquiring a 'goals' job.

I've also been busy out and about as per. Before Christmas, I went to the Saturday night of Capital's Jingle Bell Ball which was insane. Capital gigs are always amazing. In January, I did something a bit different and went to the book launch of Jill Mansell's new novel 'You and Me, Always' with Laura and mum. You can read about the experience on Laura's blog. It was a great night and a new experience for me. It was fantastic to actually meet our Queen of Chick Lit - Jill is amazing.



me, Laura and mum || myself and Laura with our books || Queen Jill ♥

The day after, we also had a Woo Woo Girls reunion in Leicester Square. Myself, Mum and Laura had an added bonus as we randomly bumped into both George Shelley and Mark Wright outside Capital! Seriously, I've spent hours in Leicester Square over the years, secretly hoping to bump into someone, then the day we don't try, two come along at once!

Mark Wright, George Shelley and a Woo Woo Girls reunion


I also went to the Strictly Come Dancing tour in January. After initially missing out on tickets, I managed to grab a pair last minute on Stubhub - I'm SO glad I did! I've never been to a Strictly tour before but it was phenomenal! Obviously, the main attraction for me was seeing Jay McGuiness, Strictly Champion 2015 and bae since 2010. His jive was absolutely insane! After watching it countless times on the telly, it was unreal to actually get to see it in person. To top off the trip, I even got to be reunited with him! (Albeit for all of two seconds haha)

favourite person ever (excuse my moon emoji/windswept look)


In February, I went to a gig in Birmingham which was full of unsigned artists. I went to support the wonderful David Bulley, who is an absolute gem. He's incredibly talented - check him out if you haven't already! Aside from him, the rest of the line up was pretty dire. I'm all for supporting unsigned talent, but it winds me up when so many pretentious, tone deaf wannabes get exposure these days. Soz to be a bitch but I genuinely spent 90% of the gig either laughing awkwardly or being horrified at the 'talent' on offer. The only positive was that the diabolical ones made me appreciate the real talent in the room even more!

The most recent concert I've been to is The Take That Experience, in aid of The K Woods Foundation last weekend. I'm going to write a separate blog about this over the next few days, but I have to mention how incredible it was. For now, here's a review I wrote about it for CelebMix.

I've also got loads to look forward to in terms of gigs this year. March is a bit manic as usual - I'm seeing DNCE next week (Joe Jonas. Childhood LOML. Already. Can't. Cope!!!), followed by David supporting Joey Devries on the 12th, then Ellie Goulding and John Newman on the 19th (I.AM.SO.EXCITED.TO.SEE.JOHN.NEWMAN.THAT.I.MIGHT.SPONTANEOUSLY.COMBUST!) I've also got The Vamps, Charlie Puth, Take That and David's headline tour later in the year so you can expect long rambly posts about that type of thing haha.

Since I came to the conclusion that my dream job is writing for a site like CelebMix on a full time basis, it's more important than ever for me to keep writing as much as possible. Therefore, in the future I AM going to make a conscious effort to keep this blog updated regularly. Gosh, I might even venture into posts outside of my gig adventures! I'm not going to be a super blogger with schedules and all sorts (that actually requires someone to read the shit I write lol), but I'm going to try and improve myself, for myself.

The first step to improving myself should probably consist of rambling less, so on that note...

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment