Wednesday 30 March 2016

We Will Be Lions

*This post is likely to be 95% soppiness - you have been warned lol*

Anyone who knows me well, will know that I support a singer called David Mark Bulley. I've been a fan of his for a year and a bit and I first spoke about him on this blog last April, after meeting him for the first time.

Fast forward to the 30th of March 2016, and David has now released his very first music video for 'Lions'! Made up of footage from his recent performances on the Young Stars Tour in Poland, the video is full of fun and also carries an important, empowering message. If you've ever felt like you can't do something, listen to 'Lions'. The message is that we can be lions as we possess the same strength and courage as they do. We can do anything - stand tall and show the world what you're made of. It's important that singers use their status for good, and I'm proud to support someone who decides to spread positivity through their music.

It's very surreal that David now has a music video. I know how much hard work he put into making the best video for his fans and he most definitely succeeded. The video is very fitting to the song, he is a lion himself, continuously pushing and improving himself, being the best singer that he can be. No matter who tries to push him down, he gets back up again and keeps fighting.

Although I've only been a fan for a relatively short time, the growth I've personally witnessed is something quite remarkable.I fell in love with his voice the moment I heard it on YouNow but getting to hear it live was just on another level. I will never forget how shy he was the first time I met him, but as soon as he walked up on stage you could see how at home he was, he became a different person. Since then, he's just grown stronger with every performance. I've seen him on numerous occasions now and he still manages to wow me or give me goosebumps every time.

It warms my heart to see him get a good reaction from audiences wherever he goes. To hear people sing back his lyrics is such a great feeling, goodness only knows how it makes him feel! Judging from clips I've seen, David's Polish fans are even crazier than the UK ones (in the best way possible). That is one of the reasons why I'm going to Warsaw in August to see him at the Young Stars Festival. I'm super excited for it, as I just know that he's going to blow my mind even more! (I've said for years that I wanted to see a band or singer perform abroad, I'm really glad that David is going to be that singer).


all of our photos are grim, but this is the best out of a bad bunch lol


Whilst I love David's music, I also adore him as a person. It's hard not to when he's one of the kindest people I know. One thing that actually stands out in the 'Lions' video is David's relationship with his fans. I've supported A LOT of unsigned singers/bands over the years, but no-one comes close to David in terms of communicating with fans.

Whether it's huge tweet sprees, Snapchat or YouNow's, he always puts so much effort into keeping in contact with fans. He's so good at remembering names and what gigs you've been to - you're always a name to David, not a number. I've seen a lot of other unsigned singers who pretend to love their fans but actually treat them so insincerely. It's mad how fake some of them can be, especially when they actually need their fans, but David's 100% genuine. He's so supportive and he believes in everyone - you know that with David by your side, you'll always have someone that's rooting for you.

When I first met David, I didn't think that I'd get to know him as well as I do now. My first impression was that he was sweet, which still remains, however, over time I also got to know that he is hilarious, caring, shares my fangirling for Joe Jonas haha and most importantly, has the biggest heart. I'm very fortunate that the internet brought someone so precious into my life and whether David likes it or not, he's stuck with me for life now lol! I literally couldn't be any prouder to know and support such a wonderful person, he genuinely deserves the entire world and more.

If you've made it to the end of this post, or simply skipped til I got to the point, please take a few minutes of your time to support unsigned music by watching the 'Lions' video. It would mean a lot to myself and to him if you did! The song is also available to download on iTunes.

 

 Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment