Saturday 2 August 2014

The Kingsland Road Show - Round 1!

Last night was the opening night of Kingsland Road's first headline tour! Klanders from far and wide gathered at London's The Borderline for the sold out show, which was a very proud moment for all. Having been at their first ever gig back in February 2013, I was super excited to be there - there is nothing better than watching them perform live as they give their all on every occasion!



Me and mam were lucky to have VIP tickets for the gig, along with Twinny and her sis so we got to meet the boys beforehand. It was a cute little meet and greet, as we got to wish the boys luck! They were nervous ("I'm shitting ten bricks" "that sounds painful...") but were also very excited! As we grouped together for our picture, the hard decision of where to stand was made easy by my fave Thomps who said that I should be next to him obviously...ha! He also started questioning who's phone was being used to take the picture as mine is normally used (and I have an old school Mattson picture on the cover) - mum joked with him about what would happen if I ever changed my phone case, note to self: if I ever do so I will be getting unfollowed apparently lol 



We went to get a good spot to watch the show and had a barrier to lean on which came in handy later on haha. Once everybody was in, the support acts started which were Jake Sims, Futureproof, Canary Swing and Jessica Alice.


I've seen Jake at events such as Soccer Six before but have never heard him sing - I was pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed his choice of songs but as with every time I've seen him, I kept staring at him as his face could spookily be the double of Aston Merrygold from JLS....



I've seen Futureproof several times before but was particularly impressed by their set last night, they certainly know how to get a crowd going! Canary Swing were next but before discussing them, I have to quickly mention the main support Jessica Alice. The Essex singer performed a few songs, mainly with a rapper with a 'swagtastic' snapback.... I didn't rate them at all - I generally don't like female singers, nor do I believe that they make good support acts for boybands purely because the audience is made up of 99% females.....however one of the choruses has been stuck in my head all day so she clearly did something right, IT'S MY LIFE AND I'M LIVING IT YEAHHHH...

My favourite support act by far was Canary Swing! Having seen them play acoustically a few times, it was completely different seeing them with a full kit - they were even more amazing! They were so energetic and Second Star To The Right is such an anthem!



Finally it was time for The Kingsland Road Show to begin, opening with the incredible Walk Away, which is one of my favourite songs of theirs!

They performed their EP tracks, including Shoreline which got the crowd bouncing! We were also treated to two brand new songs, Misbehave and Got It Coming, both of which were phenomenal! Here's a poor quality video I took haha http://youtu.be/HT5M5ghCeU8 

Connor showed the crowd his guitar skills during their new cover of Rude, which was amazing! They also did a new cover of Ed Sheeran's Sing, mixed with a bit of Give Me Love at the beginning which was the first cover they ever posted on YouTube!

Matt also sang My Dog (if you don't know what it is then look it up because you will laugh) and that made half the crowd go berserk as we hadn't heard it for a long time!

The boys ended with How Ya Doin' and Dirty Dancer, making the crowd go crazy - it was a proud moment to see every single person singing their debut single back to them word for word!



The gig ended far too soon for my liking - I never get bored of seeing them perform! They have an amazing stage presence and their strong relationship as a band is clear for everyone to see. Plenty of stage banter, dance moves and phenomenal vocal performances made it a show not to be missed! I'm so proud to see how far they have come, they deserve so much success! Their little speech during Heaven Knows brought tears to my eyes, they are so special and I hope that one day the world will get to see that.

Having clearly lost the plot a few weeks ago, we decided to do all six dates meaning that the next stop is Bristol which is TODAY! Tickets are still available, and there are also some available for Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow (Birmingham is sold out). If you haven't bought tickets yet, then why the hell not?! This is a show not to be missed, I promise that you will enjoy ever minute with those boys! Already got tickets? Let me know where for!

Hwyl am y tro ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment