Sunday 25 May 2014

fangirl friendships - separated at birth, sort of!

You may have gathered by now that I get around quite a bit when it comes to seeing and meeting my faves! Whilst it's my favourite thing being able to meet the bands that mean the world to me, along the way you also get to meet some of the most precious individuals too <3

A year ago today, I met my best friend in person for the first time. Now that sounds absolutely bizarre but let me give you some background history. A few years ago, me and a girl called Miriam followed each other on twitter. I couldn't tell you exactly when or how long ago, but we went years without speaking (I'm awkward and shy which comes across as intimidating apparently oops lol) until 2012/2013 when we both supported a band called Times Red. As a small fanbase, you kinda got to know everyone and we were a little happy family! Ironically, Miriam used to speak more to my mum than me, and before we met we still didn't speak that much, although our mutual love for Kingsland also brought us together.

At this time, Soccer Six were holding their annual events, one being in Reading on the 26th of May 2013. I'd always wanted to go, so mum agreed we could. Both Times Red and Kingsland were announced so Miriam and her sister came along too, as well as a small group of other girls we'd made friends with because of Times Red.

The day came, and it was fabulous. It was the proper start of our friendship, getting to spend the day with her and meeting our faves together! I was worried that she might not like me in person (I was so stroppy that day for a number of reasons and S6 is a long ass event) however she seems to have gotten used to that side of me over the past year lol!


There is not a day that goes by where we don't speak and I genuinely don't know what I would do without her in my life. Best friends are normally someone you've grown up with, gone to school with or known for years, but mine is this hilarious and thoughtful girl that lives miles away, is obsessed with chicken and thinks it's funny to ship non existent things ;) I feel as if I've known her all my life, we're forever on the same wavelength hence why she's my twinny haha


I can't believe it's been a year, in fact it's mad to think how meeting somebody from the internet can change your life for the better! They always tell you not to talk to strangers online but in a fandom they can be some of the most precious people in the world. I've made lots of friends through the internet/bands that I love dearly but in all honesty nobody comes close to this girl. 

Throughout my life I've never been one to have lots of friends, I'm a difficult person and people get fed up of me or just put up with me for the sake of it, but I do genuinely believe that I have found a friend for life in Mim. She puts up with so much of my nonsense, it's ridiculous, but she never makes me feel shit about myself, in fact she's always at hand with her silly comments that put a smile on my face. I'm seriously so lucky to know her.

The past year has been amazing - we've had numerous Times Red and Kingsland craves, some successful and some not, we've even (separately) met our American baes MKTO after so long! Seeing Kingsland and Concept in Balham will forever be one of my favourite nights, it was just perfect :) I know that we'll continue to have many more crazy MKBR adventures and there's no one better that I could share them with!



Basically, I just want to thank Mim for always being there for me. When I'm sad or insecure, she's there to cheer me up. When I'm dead set on hating my faves because they're being silly, she's there to save the ship and convince me that I'm the silly one after all haha! When I need a rant, she's the one that will listen and not judge, regardless of what I have to say. 

I will forever be grateful to Times Red/Kingsland for allowing me to cross paths with this amazing person! Love you twinny and know that I will always have your back no matter what <3



#sozlongasspost #cheesy #butnecessary #sentimental 

1 comment:

  1. okay this is my fave post because its just made me cry;)

    ReplyDelete